Friday, June 3, 2011

Restaurante Club Colombia

When we were in Bogotá in December of 2006, Patty and Juan David took us to the restaurant "Club Colombia", which I thought was only a beer. I'm not sure what the relationship is between the restaurant and the beverage but there is a history of the restaurant at Colombia.com which says that Club Colombia opened its doors November 21, 2005 in Bogotá when two culinary experts, Harry Sassón and Leo Katz (!) decided to revive the traditional recipes of grandmothers and offer to the public an ample range of typical Colombian food from Cartagena to the Amazons. They have 25 types of juices, 4 kinds of arepas and empanadas and the best dessert is a torte of almojábana with cheese and honey.

The biggest selling dishes are Posta negra de Cartagena, sobrebarriga (brisket), and Sancocho trifásico which is a stew with three kinds of meat, served with avocado and rice with coconut. I think that Fernando may have ordered the Sancocho trifásico last time. The specialties of the house are Ceviche de langostinos, caldo de costilla con papa, empanadas de pipián, arepa de huevo, tamal bogotano, cazuela de mariscos y la sobrebarriga guisada.

The thing I remember most was the champu made with fresh lulo. Absolutely delish!

I'm trying to pull together other typical restaurants just so we'll have a list! Unfortunately Google Maps does not understand Colombian addresses. You cannot look up a regular address and get a proper result. You have to search by the restaurant name and even then it gives lots of incorrect or incomplete information and there's no street view to verify.

No comments:

Post a Comment