Galicia is supposed to have lots of rain - that's why it's green like Ireland - so we better plan on getting drenched once a day. We've bought ponchos although I meant to waterproof my old windbreaker and the CampDry I bought dissolved the lining in the small area I tested so I didn't "waterproof" the rest of it. We also have waterproof pack covers for our big backpack although they are overkill for the little ones we'll be carrying. Here's the descriptive forecasts for the area. Since Sarria and Santiago are only about 100 km apart the weather forecast should be pretty similar for the towns in between. Weather Underground doesn't have the forecast beyond Friday May 8 so that will be a surprise.
Leon - Friday May 1 to Sunday May3
Sarria - Sunday night, May 3 to Tuesday May 5
Melide - Wednesday May 6 to Friday May 8
You're not really a pilgrim unless you have to break out the poncho. We learned the hard way too - if the forecast is for only sunny skies, still put that poncho in your smaller daypack. If you leave it in the suitcase that gets transported for you, you will discover the true unpredictability of Galician weather.
ReplyDeleteBuen camino!
But, Claire, it's 72 degrees in Madrid! It is so lovely here in Pittsburgh at this time of year that I have hesitancies about going... But I remember the first day from Roncesvalles to Zubiri in 2007 when it drizzled much of the day. We had a great time then and expect to now as well!
ReplyDelete