A couple of days ago, Fernando asked me why I wasn't "chromecasting" my Japanology programs to the TV. A lot of extra work, if you asked me. But after seeing the greatly improved picture quality on the TV, I was a complete convert. I had assumed the picture quality would be the same -- isn't it coming over the same wire? But the full-screen YouTube video on my MacBook Air is really pixelated and indistinct. When it is transmitted to the TV, it is perfect. Thus I won't be watching any more episodes on my laptop. Poor Fernando. Now not only does he have to watch Rick Steves and Lidia Bastianich, but he's got a couple of Japanologies a day to contend with as well.
Naturally I've been choosing episodes he might like: the Abacus, Sento (Japanese Bathhouses), A Trip through Akihabara (the electronics section of Tokyo), Sumo, Mt. Fuji, Making and Cooking Rice (he fell asleep a quarter through that one). I'm really having trouble remembering which ones I've seen so it is good that I'm writing them down, although I'm not quite sure what is the best way to keep track of them. They have two versions of Sento and rice, a Begin Japanology one and a Japanology Plus one. In any case, I'm making good headway.
No comments:
Post a Comment