I don't know if "yesterday's news" is a thing to brag about but I ran across this site in a Google News search for "Tokyo news" this morning and the news they gather is my kind of news:
Edo era-themed sushi restaurant to bring delicious food, historical decor to Tokyo this month
All-you-can-eat ramen being offered in Tokyo by one of Japan’s most popular chains!
Japanese artist uses newspaper to make immense, life-like sculptures. Whatever you do with your old papers, it’s probably nowhere near as cool as this!
Japan has established itself as King of the Thrones. As long as you are able to find a Western-style toilet.

Cheapo News: The top 100-yen sushi plates at Shibuya’s Uobei Sushi. We visit the Uobei Sushi conveyor belt sushi restaurant and choose our top picks to save you time, money and potentially wasted calories.
See what I mean??
And if those articles aren't enough, here are a couple more so that we are ready to appreciate the very best aspects of life in Japan:
10 things Japan gets awesomely right
The top 10 instances when Japanese people feel thankful to be Japanese


And here we thought we couldn't find articles that appealed to us in any newspaper! Not that I looked at the last one, but I'm sure #1 is when they read about the U.S. One of our tour leaders told us her sons wouldn't go to the U.S. Because it was too scary.
ReplyDeleteIf the US news only reported stories like Rocket News 24 does, they wouldn't find out the scary things... But it is scary here sometimes and it's a wonder we've survived... (Knock on wood)
Delete