Thursday, January 5, 2017

Tokyo Eye 2020

Tokyo Eye 2020 is another NHK documentary program, this time highlighting Tokyo in preparation for the 2020 Olympics.  Since I've watched most of the Japanology programs that interest me, I decided to begin a new series.  I thought I would remember the episodes I had already watched but no, I end up repeating the programs, just like with Begin Japanology.  The host Chris Peppler, who dresses in an undershirt and jacket, is not as appealing as Peter Barakan (at least to us seniors), but the program has expats from other countries taking us on the tours.  So here are the ones I've watched, which I'm listing alphabetically so I can easily review it and add to it.  By the way, on January 11th we can watch the latest episode: Enjoying Winter in Tokyo.  And look!  They have a series Japan Railway Journal and the next episode is Ekiben (the bento boxes available at railway stations)!

Deep Tokyo: Shinjuku and Okubo
Ginza Rediscovered Part 1: Roots of Tokyo Culture
Gourmet Theme Parks
Living in Tokyo, House Hunting
Living in Tokyo, How to Make your Life Easier
Shibuya Special Part 1: Transformation
Stationary Wonderland
Tokyo Lunch Latest
Tokyo Ramen Adventure
Winter Food Adventure in Tokyo: Shibuya, Akihabara, Shinbashi & Ginza (Good preparation for January.  George is a character right out of Pittsburgh...)
Wonderful Washoku [Japanese Food] in Tokyo




No comments:

Post a Comment