Juan says that my next destination has to be San Diego. Let's see. What do I know/remember about San Diego? At Santa Cruz, there was a student, Jeffrey Greenberg, who spent two years at Santa Cruz then transferred to Berkeley. Later I remember seeing a news program done by an ex-Stevenson College student about Greenberg -- he became a dentist and moved to San Diego. He was saying how as a Northern Californian he had always made fun of Southern California, but then he moved to San Diego and was absolutely smitten. Well, that goes to show you that Northern Californians are full of hot air and don't know what they are talking about.
I've only been to San Diego twice. Once as a child (maybe 9 or 10?) when we went to visit the Pipers and I vividly remember going to Tijuana and getting a serape. The second time was with Fernando when we were at Berkeley. We didn't make it to Tijuana that time because Fernando needed a visa to cross the border (although Gonzalo and his friends crossed the border without one...). We did see the chimpanzees at the zoo.
I would go to San Diego to check out the California Rare Fruit Growers. Except now I see they are at The Fullerton Arboretum - CSUF and not in Vista anymore. Whoops. Now what am I going there for? Ah, maybe to see the undersea canyon that goes up to La Jolla. And to walk along the seashore. And maybe to see the Torrey Pines that my grandfather's cat was named after. Did they really pick him up along the road there?
No comments:
Post a Comment