Maybe a nap in a park would suffice?
![]() |
| Casa Mingo |
Frommers also lists some tapas bars that I've added to the map. I saw a Dave's Been Here video on Casa Mingo which looks interesting but I don't know if we are ready to attempt cidra again, after our experience in Barcelona. Well, we don't have to order a pitcher, a small glass will do, or some beer. I always like roast chicken and they say that at the hour of dinner from Monday through Friday, they serve cocido upstairs. I'm assuming that would be from 2-5 pm. I could have the chicken and Fernando could have the chickpeas.
On the other hand, we really should stop by the Ham Museum, El Museo del Jamon, although I'm not sure I really like that much pig. I wonder if they have salads, or a nice bocadito de atun.
As I was wandering through the google maps, I ran across Apartamentos Turisticos Matute 11, which are located in the center of town near the Museo del Jamon and the Mercado Anton Martin and look like a good place to stay if one wanted to spend a week in Madrid. They are bookable as Matute 11 Suites through Booking.com. It would be worth staying there just for the front door and it seems to be on a tiny street that couldn't support much traffic. Obviously I'm preparing for more than one day in Madrid! And we could do day trips to Toledo and Segovia.


No comments:
Post a Comment