Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Eating Out in SF continued

The last 9 of the 38 Essential San Francisco Restaurants.

Yank Sing's Goldfish Dumplings
I'm not sure about these cutting edge restaurants like Outerlands (a "surfer-chic" place located in the Outer Sunset) where they burn and char the ingredients, although I do like most of the vegetables they work with.  Lonely Planet says Outlands is worth making a detour for but for us it would probably only make sense if we were in the Outer Sunset already.

Now the Zuni Cafe has been around a while.  Do you think their chicken for two would serve three??  But it's out on Market beyond Van Ness.  Maybe it's not as far to Van Ness (and Tommy's Joynt) as it seemed when we were kids.

Izakaya Sozai:  I always wanted to go to an Izakaya but I don't know if I'm brave enough to go without Juan and Mandy along.

State Bird Provisions is another one of those wait and see restaurants that take courage.  Do I really want octopus with my lamb?

Yank Sing offers Deem Sum a la cart, literally.  They have loads of dumplings, one of the best things about Cantonese food.

OK.  I think these are the most interesting to me.  Now I have to go find another list from another publication.

 The Guardian has a list of the Top 10 Restaurants in San Francisco and 7 of eater.com's 38 are included: Bar Tartine, Aziza, Ichi Sushi, Mission Chinese Food, Namu Gaji, Nopalito, and State Bird Provisions.  The other 3 are Frances, Rich Table, and SPQR.

Oh shoot!  I see that Eater.com has a January 2014 version of the top 38 out.  One could go crazy looking at these reviews!

1 comment:

  1. We went to Zuni Cafe. It's not that far, Mom! I can't remember what we took to get there, but it was do-able. We didn't get the chicken though. It was nice. Trying to think where else we went--Boulevard (but I don't think it's worth it), a pan-Latin place near the SFMOMA that we really liked. We did the Cigar bar place in North Beach (the one that's been there forever) and liked that--we just had sandwiches for lunch. OOOHHHH! Naia gelateria! Also in the North Beach http://gelaterianaia.com/?page_id=14 DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete