Monday, April 9, 2018

Elegant Shoes or Sandals

We have to be ready to make our reservations at the various restaurants at the Iberostar Bávaro Suites in Punta Cana on the first day we arrive.  They say there are six restaurants we can choose from but I count seven on their Dining page.  I think it is because Los Haitieses is the main buffet restaurant that doesn't require reservations; all the other do.  The only restaurant that doesn't allow kids is the French one so Will and Jen can go there one night on their own while we and the kids pig out at Los Haiteses.

Here are the restaurants.
  1. La Dorada:  A family style restaurant serving fine Mediterranean dishes, with seafood and shellfish as a specialty.  6:30-9:30 pm
  2. Kabuki:   A Japanese restaurant with teppanyaki tables and a sushi bar. 6:30-9:30 pm
  3. Jambalaya:  Cajun and Afro-American cooking offered up family style.  6:30-9:30 pm
  4. La Coupole: Fine, classic French gourmet cuisine in an intimate setting for adults only.  6:30-9:30 pm
  5. Los Bohios: A classic family-style grill that offers a great variety of delicious grilled meats.  7-9:30 pm
  6. Los Haitises: As the main restaurant of the hotel you can experience all kinds of global fares in a buffet style. Themed menus from different nationalities are featured each night and you don't need reservations. Breakfast: 7:00 -10:00 am. Lunch: 12:30-3:00 pm. Dinner: 6:30 -10:00 pm.
  7. Il Forno: Italian. 6:30-9:30 pm
For all of them there is a dress code: 
"Casual, yet neat attire is requested for ladies and gentlemen, including elegant shoes or sandals. Gentlemen may wear dress Bermuda shorts but only shirts with sleeves will be permitted."
Dress Bermuda shorts?  What does that mean?  Elegant shoes or sandals?  Does that mean I can't wear my Keens?

Here's a YouTube video of the main buffet.  I don't think we will go hungry and I'm not sure we even need to patronize the restaurants that require reservations.  In fact, I think Los Haitises might become Fernando's favorite breakfast buffet.  Needless to say we will have to go on a diet when we return home...

No comments:

Post a Comment