We’ll be in San Francisco after Juliana’s wedding for 5 days, and I’m wondering what we want to do. It seemed like a great idea as we remember fondly trips there when we were kids, and we had a good time several years ago when we visited. Now I’m wondering if there are enough new things to keep us busy.
Erica has the reputation as the ace ticket finder and she uses Gold Star so I checked them out. Looks like there are a number of Bay events such as a Red and White Fleet Golden Gate Bay Cruise, a rocket boat ride (with rock and roll music), an escape from the rock cruise, and I think I saw a sailing schooner one. They are about $20-25 and we can probably buy the tickets at the last moment.
For plays there is “An Entomologist’s Love Story” at the San Francisco Playhouse. Great title huh?
I’ll continue checking Gold Star to see if anything wonderful pops up. We’re there during the week so that means fewer events.
We have wanted to take the Diego Rivera Murals walk with the http://www.sfcityguides.org/current_schedule.htmlSan Francisco City Guides. That’s 3 pm on Monday, so it might be a bit tight, and they only take reservations 10 days out, so we’ll have to check back, and maybe set an alert! And we can check out other walks such as Alfred Hitchcock’s San Francisco and Cow Hollow.
On Thursday we should check out Presidio Twilight from 5-9, with food trucks, bonfires and what not.
And I guess we should make a list of restaurants, so we don’t end up eating at the first one we come across. But I’m doing this on my iPad and I don’t know really how to compose, so I’m waiting for Cathy to begin that list.
Erica has the reputation as the ace ticket finder and she uses Gold Star so I checked them out. Looks like there are a number of Bay events such as a Red and White Fleet Golden Gate Bay Cruise, a rocket boat ride (with rock and roll music), an escape from the rock cruise, and I think I saw a sailing schooner one. They are about $20-25 and we can probably buy the tickets at the last moment.
For plays there is “An Entomologist’s Love Story” at the San Francisco Playhouse. Great title huh?
I’ll continue checking Gold Star to see if anything wonderful pops up. We’re there during the week so that means fewer events.
We have wanted to take the Diego Rivera Murals walk with the http://www.sfcityguides.org/current_schedule.htmlSan Francisco City Guides. That’s 3 pm on Monday, so it might be a bit tight, and they only take reservations 10 days out, so we’ll have to check back, and maybe set an alert! And we can check out other walks such as Alfred Hitchcock’s San Francisco and Cow Hollow.
On Thursday we should check out Presidio Twilight from 5-9, with food trucks, bonfires and what not.
And I guess we should make a list of restaurants, so we don’t end up eating at the first one we come across. But I’m doing this on my iPad and I don’t know really how to compose, so I’m waiting for Cathy to begin that list.
My feelings are the same as yours, Penny, and I even thought that maybe we should rent the car for the entire week so we could venture afar. I've started a list of restaurants, I think. Perhaps we should be aware of restaurants so we'll know a good one if it appears in our path but we do tend to stumble across things.
ReplyDeleteWhen can we check into the AirBnB? Can we do it at noon on Monday so that we can go on the Diego Rivera walk?
ReplyDeleteI sent Peter an email asking for early check in or to leave our luggage. I’ll let you know his response.
ReplyDeleteHi Penelope. if you arrive early there's a place to put your things inside if the Cleaning is not done yet the unit will always be ready by 3 PM at the latest.
ReplyDelete