Friday, January 9, 2026

Les Boulangeries


 Oh my Lord!  My last posting was July 15th!  Have I exhausted everything there is to know about Aix-en-Provence?  Quite possibly…but then I reviewed the photos of the Aparthotel Adagio and was appalled to see sandwich bread in their breakfast buffet!!

I’ve seen lots of patisseries around the marché but not as many boulangeries as I would like.  In Paris in the 17th arroundissement there were plenty.  I’m not going to be eating sandwich bread in France!  Not even for sandwiches!  So I am on a Quest!

Observing Leslie says that the best boulangerie in Aix is Farinoman Fou, 1.1 kilometers from our aparthotel, so it’s not one to go to every morning to get our morning pain.  Leslie says they enjoyed “the D’Isère et d’Ardèche (a magnificent fruit, nut, and grain combination) and Le Batard du Cousin (crunchy seeds over a delicious whole-grain interior).” Sounds like my kind of bread.  

Leslie also said that the best baguette was from a chain: Hat’s. They also have artisan bread which is even more expensive than Farinoman. But the location on Rue Espariat is a close 8-minute walk from the British American Institute where we have language classes. They seem to specialize in lunches so that is an option. I wonder if they take the tickets resto.


But, is there a boulangerie just down the street from our aparthotel? Fortunately there is one a 3 minute walk away on Rue de la République: La Fournaise. Their artisan bread looks very good to me and they even have a fougasse with olives! They’re open everyday from 7am to 8pm except for Sunday when it is 7am to 2 pm.

And there is another boulangerie south of that on Ave. Giuseppe Verdi, a 5 minute walk from the aparthotel.  It is part of a chain: Land & Monkeys.  

Fortunately, we won’t have to settle for sandwich bread while we are in Aix.


1 comment:

  1. All the bread looks wonderful! (Even the sandwich bread looks better than here, not that you need to eat it). Is there a gym nearby? Or maybe just plenty of walking.
    Have you posted a map anywhere?

    ReplyDelete