These days I’ve given up on keeping a paper journal but perhaps that’s a mistake. Lord knows I’m not going to retroactively post our 43 days in Aix-en-Provence. Will I be too tired in the evening to recap the day’s events? Or will each day be pretty much the same: the town isn’t that big. Will I be busy doing French homework in the evenings? I hope not: 3 hours of class a day is enough.
But if we eat out at a restaurant every day, won’t I have food photos to post?? Although I’ve found that I usually forget to photograph the food until I’ve already finished eating. Empty plates can only tell you so much. But I could photograph the menu…. Wait! That comes even before the food! All right: each day I’ll photograph a different food, be it the croissant in the morning, the meal at lunch, or the dinner prep in the aparthotel. And I’ll try to photograph the 11 other Road Scholar participants. (Correcton: there are 21 participants in our group. I didn’t see the faint arrow that takes you to a second page.). I hesitate to photograph other people because I feel I’m invading their privacy. That’s why all my travel photos are of things, especially of food, in its various stages. Here’s our OAT group in Colombia! We just finished a graffiti session on some warehouses in Bogotá. No, I didn’t take the photo, our ringleader Diego did.


I’ve used eSIM cards with success, and a lot cheaper than our friend Verizon. There’s also WhatsApp and WeChat (haven’t used this one)
ReplyDelete