I know it's not international, but I figure that we should post about all our ramblings, no matter how mundane. Plus, i doubt most of you have seen my pics from Las Vegas.
It was a very spontaneous trip because we had planned on going to santa barbara for the weekend, but after comparing hotel prices (150 for one night in santa barbara versus 130 for two nights in vegas) we took off on our four hour journey to sin city on the Thursday night before MLK weekend.

However, we did pretty well with the vices. Since mandy doesn't really drink (she turns red and about passes out after one) we spent most of the time walking around, shopping, checking out the sites. It was a much more relaxed time than the last time I went with the guys. We saw the water show at Bellagio (sounds corny, but really quite amazing), checked out the Chinese New Year Display at the Bellagio and even went to the M&M store (well that was mostly because it was hovering around 32 degrees all weekend and inside is better than out).

On Friday we went to a Cirque de Soleil show at New York New York called Zumanity. Unfortunately, I think they are just mass-producing them at this point, trying to cash in as quickly as they can. It was mediocre both in performance and music as well as lacking the sheer awe factor that often accompanies the Cirque de Soleil shows. Skip it and go see Eau when you are in town (I've heard it's amazing).
We also did a timeshare presentation for some gift certificates and blackjack tokens, but that's a whole other story ;-)
if you want to see the rest of the set on flickr, here's the
link
Coo photo Juanito. Last weekend I took the train into San Francisco with David--we went to the Ferry Building Farmer's market and the Mission (found a place with tortillas hechas a mano!), SFMOMA, Chinatown and North Beach, and then to Coit Tower and back down to the embarcadero to see the Queen Mary 2 come into port--does that count as a rambling? I didn't take any pictures though...
ReplyDeleteI swear I've tried to go to SFMOMA like 5 times and I've never gotten there. How is it?
ReplyDeleteSounds like you did a whole lot in a weekend. I hope you climbed up to coit tower on foot and didn't cheat! That hill is pretty ridiculous.