Monday, February 12, 2007

No Turning Back!

Today I bought our plane tickets, leaving April 28th and returning late Monday May 14th. Oh my god. I forgot to ask Papi if he had a class on Monday...

I'm beginning to read blogs about the camino again.

One blog from May 24, 2006 talks about being left off at the bus station at 5 am in Pamplona and he said it was FREEZING and that he should have packed long pants!

Here's the website of a couple from San Diego who did the camino in 2003.
http://www.ourcamino.com/links.html.
They have a schedule of their walk and a list of the clothes they took.

3 comments:

  1. well he was probably some nitwit from California who cries when it gets below 50 degrees. You guys will be ready with your thermals and reversible underwear and hand warmer packs and full catalog of REI accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how long is the whole trip from Roncasvalles to Burgos? You should get the convertible pants, so if it's too cold you put on the bottoms, too hot, zip off to shorts. I got a pair of those on sale at REI a few weeks ago. Although I think it might be too cold for shorts most of the time, right? Oh how exciting! My host "mother" in Spain was from Burgos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The older couple from San Diego took Gregory Packs on their last trip. He took a Gregory Reality at 5 lbs, 5 oz and she took a Gregory Deva 60 at 5 LBS. 6 OZ. We have Gregory Shastas that are a bit heavier at 6 LBS. 3 OZ. and 5 LBS. 13 OZ. But they carry the weight well.

    ReplyDelete