Fodor's lists various department stores as good options for picking up souvenirs and kitchenware. Plus there are branches in various parts of the city and Fodor even mentions the New Town Plaza in Sha Tin, "decidedly off the tourist trail". Festival Walk in residential Kowloon Tong (20 minutes from Central on the MTR) is a Fodor's Choice for malls. I'm not one for malls unless it is raining but I do like to pop into foreign department stores, and I must admit that I enjoyed the malls in Bogota, not as much as the mercados of course. The Royal Plaza Hotel is connected to a mall (Grand Century Place) with a Sincere Department store. Fodor's also mentions Wing On for household items.
Other department stores are Chinese Arts and Crafts and Yue Hwa Chinese Products Emporium.
And then there is always the Japanese department store Seibu, one branch of which is at Langham Place in Mongkok. There used to be a Seibu in Los Angeles when I was in high school. It had lovely fabrics but the store did not last long. Seibu also runs Muji and there is a Muji at Langham place and also at the airport.
No comments:
Post a Comment