I'd heard that Fendi was financing the renovation of the Trevi Fountain but I never thought it would be closed while WE were in Rome. According to ANSA, work started in June and it won't be finished until fall of 2015. They've set up a temporary receptacle for tossing your coins but it's not the same and it won't work the same magic as the real fountain. It would be like drinking bottled water on the Ramblas in Barcelona instead of drinking out of the tap (although it hasn't worked to send us back to Barcelona, has it?). I guess we're just going to have to go back to Rome after fall of 2015. Maybe for Christmas. And Barcelona wouldn't be a bad place to visit around the holidays either. Oh wait, next Christmas will be at our house. Do you think we could all meet in Barcelona instead??
To keep tabs on the progress of the Trevi Fountain renovation, here's a Live Webcam. And Skyline has other Rome webcams so that we can check out the weather, if only I can remember to check it when it is daylight in Rome!



Well, let's get there first before thinking about returning. And that's a waste of a webcam. I'm catsitting at Nardi and Mary's so I should get lots of Rome reading done. Mother asked if we've though about cancelling because od ebola.
ReplyDeleteAre there any ebola cases in Rome?
ReplyDeleteI know the south of Italy and Sicily have problems with immigrants from Africa coming in on boats illegally but hopefully there is no ebola problem yet.