Wednesday, October 1, 2014
The Italian Fashion Scene
Penny reminded me that we need to brush up on La Nostra Bella Figura for Rome. The Milan (and New York) fall fashion week just happened but we can't really take advantage of it because they preview the spring and summer styles for next year. We'll have to go back to last spring's fashion week for this November's fashions. However there is an upcoming fashion that will appeal to Isabel, Moschino's take on Barbie.
Or, here's an idea. It will be way too cold to take our bathing suits and visit the beach but we can still wear our bikinis.
I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed looking at the fashions when I was preparing that homework assignment for Italian II. They are a hoot! Many have lovely material with intricate patterns. I'm sure we'll be able to find something to wear from this year's fall and winter collection. These, of course, are for women. I'll have to do a separate posting for men.
How about the long one on the left? Or the foxes? Although it might be a bit chilly when the wind blows.
That one in the center with the foxes (vixen?) looks cozy but the colors of the orange, brown and green cape can't be beat.
Oh! I like that silver/blue one in the center: "Beam me up, Scotty!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Lovely,lovely!! Si imaginative and yes, delightful fabrics and cuts. Does it make you want to use that sewing machine? Might be hard to fit them in the suitcase, especially if we are trying to travel light. But, hey, we're only going ONE place so you can bring the largest one. Anyway, if you can afford those fashions you can afford a porter...
ReplyDelete