12 PM: Will and Jen come to take us to the airport. Here are some photos of them and us. It is so exciting - even as I write this 8 months later.
2:00 pm: We have made it to the airport and through security with our backpacks - which we stuffed into duffle bags from Ralph's Army Surplus to compress them. This was Fernando's idea and it was a very good one, although I had my reservations.
Geesh! my backpack weighs more than fernando's!! Of course I've got 2 pounds of boots in there but I really did try to take the bare minimum. I think it weighs around 15.5 pounds.
At the moment our flight to Philadelphia is on time and I hope it continues to be because it arrives there at 4:39 pm and we leave for Madrid at 6 pm.
oh my lord. this is a veritable novel!!
ReplyDeleteThis looks like the journal for my china trip that I still haven't finished. It's sitting on the desktop of my computer just withering away. I'm glad you got yours done!