Thursday, January 13, 2011

In Paris, a Crash Course in Modern Fashion

A review of past postings shows we are interested in fashion.  So here is an exhibit for us, spotted by the Globe Spotters of Paris in the New York Times which was posted as In Paris, a Crash Course in Modern Fashion on Jan. 2, 2011.    "If you missed the last two decades in fashion, here’s our chance to catch up. “The Idealized History of Contemporary Fashion Vol. 2,” the second of a two-part exhibition that looks back at contemporary fashion history, runs through May 8 at the Musée des Arts Décoratifs (107 rue de Rivoli; 33-1-44-55-57-50; www.lesartsdecoratifs.fr).
Perhaps we are getting a bit too French?  I'm tempted to bring only white tennis shoes (sneakers, Keds, whatever one calls them), sweatpants and torn jeans (not that I have any - I'd have to shop)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, another museum trip! Should we bring the American tourist outfit just for visiting this museum?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took Laina, her 50 lb. suitcase and carry-ons and two of her friends equally equipped to the airport this morning at 4:30 a.m. They are going to Las Vegas for the weekend. And I'm trying to figure whether I can do Paris with a carry-on. Don't know if I have room for the tourist clothes, but I'll definitely have my black fleece pants - those will prob. do.

    ReplyDelete