Perhaps it was sauerkraut at 6:30 a.m., perhaps it was knowing that whatever we eat in Paris will be just fine, whatever the cause I set out on a search for Paris blogs not about food.
First I found Walks in Paris, about streets and architecture in the Marais. Stylistically challenged it may be, there is lots of architecture history and I love admiring those architectural details. And it's our neighborhood.
Then I found Ailyn Wong's entry Love in Paris which sort of reads like a French movie written by an Asian. Are we looking for love in Paris?
And much more substantive than that is the Paris Blog. Since 2005, the Paris Blog has published the voices of Anglophone expats in Paris. With posts daily, the blog grew to become the #1 daily digest on Paris in English. Yesterday's entry talks about waking up to a sunny day!
And Chateau: Paris Wine Tastings has a blog entry Bitching About Waiters which may explain all those negative comments on Trip Advisor and elsewhere. And may make you appreciate this phenomenom as just another aspect of French culture.
And last (because I've got to get ready for work and the number of blogs is endless) is Beth Arnold: Letter from Paris. Beth has wholeheartedly made the leap to New Media (that means she does a lot of blogging with bells and whistles), is an expat with a great haircut and tireless self-promoter, and she tells us all sorts of things about Paris.
So now it's time for breakfast, but it won't be sauerkraut.
Oh shoot, Penny. There’s no photo with this posting! Not even one about 6:30 am sauerkraut!
ReplyDeleteHave you seen Peter's Paris? He's the one that I heard about Parisien d'un jour from and he always has loads about the architecture. Like about the Felix Potin building at 140 Rue de Rennes.