Paris Escapes: Eight souvenirs under 20 eurosWe don't want to forget to bring some gifts home. Besides the scarves ("Inside the Galleries Lafayette browse and determine what the styles/colors of the season are, then step outside and purchase a similar item from the vendors on the sidewalk.") and eiffel tower replicas they recommend café-ware from La Vaissellerie.
BootsNAll: Unique and Affordable Paris SouvenirsThey suggest 1-2 Euro canvas shopping bags from the boucherie. But do you think Fernando will let us pass up the pigs' snouts? Also Monoprix supermarket products and postcards from the Bouquinistes along the Seine (which might only be open on the weekends).
Girls Guide to Paris: Top 20 or More Items to Bring BackThese are premium items like Macaroons from Pierre Hermé and or Ladurée. But we do need to get a little beret for Isabel, although probably not a copper pot for Camila and Will...
WhyGo Paris: Finding Non-Touristy Souvenirs: Paris Travel Tip #14
"Find non-touristy souvenirs at Monoprix. Monoprix is Paris’s inexpensive grocery/department store where you can find such items as reasonably priced lingerie, clothes for kids, dish towels and some houseware/kitchen products – without breaking the piggy bank."
WhyGo Paris: Super Chic Paris Souvenirs for 20 Euros or Less!
Although I prefer the 5 euros or less category, here are some ideas for the chic people in our lives, like Laina and Camila. And they suggest the BHV for table linens.
French Souvenirs: Ideas for gifts and mementos
Cookware, food, knives from all over France.
HiP Paris Blog: Paris Souvenirs: What You Shouldn’t Leave France WithoutAgain this covers France in general but refers to her own experience in Paris which includes food and nivea cream, but also links to a posting on La Vaissellerie: Kitschy French Kitchen Supplies.
Gosh, I didn't realize you were such a shopper!
ReplyDeleteOh, yes. I think I am. But only for little things and things that are different. Foreign supermarkets are like museums for me but I do look more than I buy.
ReplyDeleteAnd look, Penny, you're wearing a scarf just like the Parisians!
ReplyDelete