Friday, January 21, 2011

Paris Blog Rundown

The second blog on the list, IVY Paris News, evidently has morphed into Vingt Paris Magazine which comments about cultural events in Paris and also interviews expats and asks them 20 questions like:

19. What makes someone a Parisian?
A big nose to sniff out every small thing that no one else can even notice.

Third blog is La Coquette but it is only fashion. Seems like everyone works for fashion houses on these "best blogs". How about these accessories? That purse is €2,400 at Département Féminin and looks a lot like the one I got at Macy's for $49. Ah, but the hat is on sale for only €100! Fortunately this store is in Toulouse so Fernando doesn't have to worry.






Oh, Oh, the 4th blog, Le Blagueur, stopped Blagueing in March 2009 - I guess my Top Ten list is too old. Should I dump the list or keep on? The next one, La Maitresse is alive and well (with a Badaude graphic for a header) but she just got an email that the Paris English-language bookshop the Village Voice is going to close. Of course she can't stop talking about how she orders all her books online from The Book Depository...

The 5th blog I've already run across because it's about food: Paris Breakfast, and this week she has all these lovely photos of pastries! (Non, non, non, Cathy!!) She has lovely watercolors as well but I'm afraid I found her writing a bit disturbing when her bear steps out in Paris. But perhaps she is just an animal lover and she does have some good photos of animal life in paris.

I think I'll go search out my own non-food Paris Blogs. I wonder if there is one for gardeners...

No comments:

Post a Comment