Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Passion for Fashion

Ever since I did that fashion presentation for my Italian II class, I've been less dismissive of the whole scene and actually find it rather interesting and entertaining. Who would have thought?? You have to admit that the flowing floral fabrics in the French fall and winter collection are quite beautiful. Of course, you have to sift through an awful lot of outrageously horrible styles to get to the beautiful ones, and since every website is done completely in flash, it takes much more time than it should. And some designers are so atrocious that it is always good for a laugh. I must admit, though, there's an awful lot of black this year. Check out the designers at Mode A Paris. So far I like Kenzo the best and he's Japanese!

In any case, today I took out the 2009 edition of Suzy Gershman's "born to shop Pais" and so I've been looking at some of the entries. Right now I'm on Department Stores and she says that the Galleries Lafayette have a fashion show every Wednesday at 3 pm which is free, although you need reservations. Well, don't we want to be Parisians? Do you remember when we used to go to Bullocks Westwood to have lunch and watch the fashion show? See that scarf on the right? Do you think that's scarf enough for the three of us?

3 comments:

  1. I think you should totally go to the fashion show! Just for the experience--is it a "real" fashion show? like with real designers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I think it is only the department store kind. But Suzy Gerson says they serve "refreshments". What will Papi do in the meantime??

    ReplyDelete
  3. He can come too, if he wants...or check if they have an electronics department.

    ReplyDelete