Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I Prefer Paris

I Prefer Paris is a blog that I keep running across, perhaps because the author lives in the Marais near rue St. Antoine and so has postings on restaurants and shops in that area. So when I searched for more info on La Vassellerie, voila! he popped up with a posting. I had already discovered his posting on Boucherie Becquerel, the butcher shop on rue St. Antoine with the roast chicken to go. And now I've discovered that he has already rated the boulangeries in our neighborhood. The blog's postings are somewhat difficult to navigate (is ours the same?) but some of his links in the right column are interesting.

There is one for The Elzévir Apartment in the Marais that offers a walking tour of the neighborhood for its guests and even a printable version (24 pages). Their apartment is situated well north of the rue St. Antoine but the tour is interesting nontheless and will help us when we walk up to that area, as brasseries and patisseries are recommended. There is also a detailed apartment guide listing stores and restaurants (and how to turn on the DVD, etc.).

I Prefer Paris also links to the Girls Guide to Paris, which has an interesting list of the Top 20 or More Items to Bring Back.

And the link to HiP Paris led me to "What to Wear in France in the Winter" and "Parisian Street Style: The Art of Layering for the Weather" so we can dress stylishly.

And the link to Paris Update led me to an article on the Upper Rue Vieille-du-Temple shops and to this article on Paris Haute Couture Winter 2010-11. The stockings are a definite "must-have". Do you think Laina would like a pair?

And here are those stylish boots that Penny was looking for.

1 comment:

  1. sshhh! I don't have time to read all these blogs. I've got to practice layering. And it will take me from now until after we return to find a pair of stylish boots I can walk in.
    But I got lots of scarfs!

    ReplyDelete