I actually like this mystery by Cara Black, especially since it mentions a lot of the places close to the apartment, like Place des Vosges, Ile de St. Louis, and Rue des Rosiers. It gives a real feel for the ancient apartments (without heat - it is November) and the story isn't too bad either.Paris Update reviews one of Black's latest: Murder in the Latin Quarter.
And there is also a series of historical mysteries by the French writer Claude Izner, which is actually (Thank you, wikipedia) the pseudonym of two sisters, Liliane Korb and Laurence Lefèvre, both booksellers on the banks of the Seine. You can read all about the series at the Gallic Books website.
And then there is A Novel Bookstore (Au Bon Roman) by Laurence Cossé, another French writer, about two booklovers who jointly open a bookstore that only sells the "best" books... The Washington Post notes that the address of this bookstore is next to Sylvia Beach's original Shakespeare & Co., at 8 rue Dupuytren.Ah, so many books set in Paris and only 2 months to read them all!
Yeah, and I just finished her "Murder on the Ile Saint-Louis," I think perhaps for the second time (I remember parts but not others). Maybe you want that one next.
ReplyDelete