Monday, February 21, 2011
Bon Appetit's Snob-Free Guide to Paris
I just picked up the March issue of Bon Appetit, the one with the Macaroni and Cheese on the front, and I should ask here if anyone out there subscribed me to it because I don't think I did. But to return to the subject at hand, Bon Appetit has an article on Paris restaurants highlighting a "new generation of fine spots with drinks (natural wines preferably), snacks (from well-sourced ingredients), and a relaxed ambience." Fortunately it is written by Clotilde Dusoulier of the Chocolate and Zucchini blog; unfortunately there are no prices. But it looks like most of them are wine bars (caves à manger) for the young and fashionable crowd and 3-4 of them are further out than one would walk - one might actually have to take a taxi (she doesn't give a metro station). Clotilde doesn't mention that experimental cocktail bar and the strawberry alarm clock so I don't know if we can trust that it is really truly her list. The website has a downloadable pdf to print out and take with you to Paris, which is actually just the magazine pages. I think I'd rather have pastries... or an assiette de fromage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

How could Saveur run that with no prices? I'm very afraid that we are not young and fashionable, and we'll do just fine with that type of snacking with sausage and cheese and wine from our market explorations. Fernando will choose the sausage, we'll do the cheese and we'll pick the wine by the price, AND we'll be very happy.
ReplyDeleteAnd no I did not give you a subscription to Saveur. I'm afraid to subscribe to anything in fear that this may be the last issue. I'd try Camila - did you get the totebag with the issue?
ReplyDelete