If you love
Paris, you’ll love this exhibit.
Higher Pictures gallery was showing a collection of postcards from the 1920s by photographer Pierre Yves Petit. As this was a New York City exhibit I have no excuse other than the fact that I just discovered it. But you can appreciate all the postcards from the
gallery website, and I'll take my amateur camera out in Paris and see what I can do.
Paris looks positively eery in these postcards. Sort of like London when you think of Jack the Ripper. The Carnegie Museum of Art just closed an exhibit on André Kertész: On Reading which had many photos of people reading in Paris and elsewhere. You can see some of the photos on the website of the company that organized the tour. These photos should inspire you as well.
ReplyDeleteThose are wonderful photos of people reading...I'll show Mother on the Big Screen.
ReplyDelete