Places Fernando wants to go:
1. The Louvre: 10 euros for access to permanent exhibitions; 14 euros for access to that and temp exhib. Closed Tuesdays. 9am-6pm, W&F to 10 pm.
2. Musee d'Orsay: 8 euros. Closed Mondays, crowded Tuesdays. 9:30am-6pm, Thurs til 9:45pm. Entrance C for ticket holders.
3. Eiffel Tower: Lift to 2nd floor 8.10 euros; stairs to 2nd floor: 4.50 euros; lift to top: 13.10 euros. Open every day 9:30am to 11 pm. Lift to 11:45 pm; stairs to 6:30pm.
4. Ile de la Cite - Notre Dame. Free. Daily from 8am to 6:45pm. Gregorian chant concert tuesday, March 8th 8:30pm.
Ste. Chapelle: 8 euros (11 with the Conciergerie) 9:30am-6pm, closed 1-2 pm weekdays. The concerts there are 29-30 euros so maybe the one on the 11th is out.
5. Montmartre.
6. Assiette de Fromage somewhere. L'assiette aux fromages at 25 rue mouffetard? A diner on chowhound says "If you want just a cheese dégustation, try some of the wine bars-caves à manger."
Oh look what we are missing! The Salon International de l'Agriculture runs from February 19-27th and they are supposed to have lots of cheese in Hall 7... I prefer paris has a posting on the Salon d'Agriculture in 2009.

Oh, I'm glad that you are both taking notes and have interviewed Fernando. That concert in Notre Dame sound good, although I thought St. Nicholas was Christmas, but perhaps it's a different St. Nicholas? And the price at 18 euros isn't too bad - it certainly would be atmospheric.
ReplyDeleteConcerts in Ste Chapelle are supposed to be lovely, but I would think you would need sun and daylight to appreciate with setting - maybe it's a summer time event...next time? We can do Ste Chapelle for the beautiful windows on one of our two museum days (if we buy the pass - if the cost is close we might buy it just for the convenience?)
I'm all for the Assiete de Fromage on rue mouffetard. what I can puzzle of the menu sounds good. And my French is so much more limited than I thought...I can't figure out anything...does you iPhone have a menu translator?
Oh gosh I'm getting confused about how we're going to pull all of this together
I don't know how we are going to pull it all together! The apartment instructions didn't mention how to connect to the wireless, did they? I've got so much stuff on the blog - much less in my head - that I'm relying on being able to refer back to the postings. Or maybe I should make little dots on my Streetwise Paris maps of the places I want to see. I bought a bunch of colored Sharpies pretty much just for that purpose! Can we print out sections of the google map??
ReplyDeleteAs far as concerts go, I think we'll find ourselves too tired for evening concerts...