Penny alerted me to the fact that the weekend we arrive in Paris is the last two days of the Paris Cookbook Fair. She sent me to an article in Publishers Weekly that was much too long for me to digest so I had to hurry out right to the source: Gourmand International's Paris Cookbook Fair website. Their website is a bit challenging but I did learn that the Fair is open to the public the last two days (Saturday and Sunday, March 5 & 6) and only costs 8 € for a one-day pass. They have a nice little video about the fair, interviewing participants from all over the world. I had to do a Google search to figure out where in Paris it was taking place: at the new art center Le 104, Cent Quatre, at 104 rue d'Aubervilliers in the 19th arrondisement near the Peripherique (Paris' beltway). You can tell it is far from the Île de la Cité because the metro stops are off in Russia: Stalingrad or Crimée stations.Eventually I discovered that the French version of the cookbook fair: Festival du Livre Culinaire is a heck of a lot better with loads more information. So I will peruse the site for fun, even if we don't get to the fair that Sunday we arrive. I wonder, though, if they have bag sales of the books they didn't sell at the fair...
No comments:
Post a Comment