Thursday, February 3, 2011

Paris Fashion Again

Evidently the week of January 21st was the Paris fashion show for spring and summer. You can preview some of the styles at the Mode a Paris website. If you click on the image corresponding to one of the designers, you will be taken to some small photos of the fashions and eventually a vimeo video will load that you can play. So far I haven't been impressed by the colors: white, beige, black and gray. Not too colorful. So I chose this Hari Krishna outfit that had a little life to it - even if the model's makeup makes her look like she just emerged from the Paris Catacombs.

I was amused by the way the models walk - sometimes almost awkward - and at the end of the video, the designer usually makes an appearance and they don't ever seem to dress in designer clothes.

Style.com also covers the various fashion shows (New York, London, Milan and Paris) so you can get a look at the highlights of the Paris Spring 2011 Fashion Show. Their video of the Paris show runs through the highlights. Pay attention so we'll know what to take to Paris!

1 comment:

  1. Errrr....we're not fashionable at home. Why on the road? Black gray and white sound just fine. I'll buy you a red hat. And that model isn't quite from the catacombs...I'd say Pere Lachaise

    ReplyDelete