After our Super Bowl dinner last night (which ended in mourning), in which we ate enough bratwurst, kielbasi, pierogies, and sauerkraut for both teams, I can only say "ça suffit!!". I don't want to see another plate of sauerkraut and sausage until the next Super Bowl! I've had my fill and now we can move on to more French-like dishes and leave Alsace behind. When we go to Au Pied du Cochon, I'll just have French onion soup like Penny. Will they allow us to order only onion soup? Maybe that and dessert? Where was that photo of the crème brûlée that looked so rich and creamy with a nice crackly top?And, oh my goodness gracious, looking for that photo of the perfect crème brûlée, I came across Paris-Bistro.com that has a list of bistros by arrondissement. Here are the bistros for the 4th arrondissement in the St. Paul area. We are going to have to decide which is "our" neighborhood bistro.
My condolences on your team, but eating that much de Alsace was certainly enough penance for a win next year. I remember someone bringing back macarons for the library staff, but no one would eat them because they looked mighty strange - weird bright pastel colors, and by that time they were a bit crumbled.
ReplyDeleteBesides we're not going to be able to afford to eat ourselves silly in Paris. You can do that here!