Oh, my, I guess I should be exploring this a little before we get to Paris. Looking at the map around the toy store that Penny mentioned, Au Nain Bleu, I ran across a branch of the kids clothing store: Du Pareil au même or DPAM. Their website is in English but I think the company is French but the clothes seem relatively inexpensive so they are probably all imported. DPAM has three lines: DPAM kids, DPAM baby and DPAM shoes (sort of like a French Kids-, Toys- and Babies 'R Us) and they have many locations in Paris, one over by the big department stores and one up on rue St. Antoine. They even have books in French for kids. I better make sure I know Isabel's sizes!
And, oh golly, looking around for advice about kids' clothes in Paris led me to this website: Les Coulottes Courtes - essentially a guide and blog to children's fashion: what's up and coming and where to get it. For instance, you can check out the Junior Gautier collection for this summer.
Vingt Paris Magazine offers another list of clothing stores for kids: Kids Clothes for the Fashionistas.
I was walking in Shadyside today (2/15) and went into the small children's boutique called The Pickett Fence to browse. They have clothes from Deux par Deux and they are quite nice. Unfortunately it is a Quebec company and they don't have a boutique in Paris.



No comments:
Post a Comment