Gmaps Pedometer is a mapping utility that you use in conjunction with google maps to trace out a walking (or running for the more spirited) route and calculate the mileage. When we walked the Pittsburgh half marathon two years ago I used it to calculate weekly training routes that Fernando and his GPS always claimed were longer than Gmaps Pedometer said. I've mapped a couple of Paris walks here from Tom's Strange and Interesting Walks. Now maybe Penny can map Rick Steve's walks...
16 rue St. Paul to the Arc de Triomphe
5.1 miles. It makes a detour up rue Montorgueil on its way to Montmartre that we could cut out and go straight down the rue de Rivoli or a parallel street. Do I want to go to the Arc de Triomphe? I do want to see les grands magasins Printemps and Galeries Lafayette.
16 rue St. Paul up to Montmartre
4 miles. This follows the above route but continues up rue Montmartre to Montmartre.
Tom's Walk of the Iles and the Left Bank
5.5 miles. This goes through the little back streets of the Latin Quarter and down to rue Mouffetard. We'll really need Tom's commentary for this one since it switches streets a lot.
Bastille, Marche d'Aligre, Viaduc des Arts
3.2 miles. This starts from the apartment and goes to the Bastille, up to the restaurants on rue de Charonne, down past the hardware stores on Rue Faubourg Saint Antoine, over to the Marche d'Aligre and Le Baron Rouge, and then down to the Viaduc des Arts. And then back home.
OK, OK, I'm going to practice on Google street view. But I may have to borrow Mother's big screen at least until I get my technique down. So should I do that now,,,,or go for a walk. heh, heh, heh.....I can walk and there is NO ICE!!!! The walk has it!
ReplyDelete